Science Teacher Training
- Category: Model
- Published: Saturday, 25 April 2015 20:10
- Hits: 10139
First and foremost, USEP believes that it is of paramount importance for the country to continue to invest in re-tooling our science teachers to build their skills and capacities to improve their professional and personal development. We must invest in improving the capacity to learn from their work.
The key underpinning aspects include the following:
- Functional training and professional development of science teachers, laboratory staff and School administrators (Academic Managers) has a positive impact on improving the teaching and learning of science.
- Holistic approach to improve learner outcomes will lead to increased awareness and action towards improving the teaching and learning of sciences.
- ICT integration and provision of ICT teaching materials for the teaching and learning processes have a positive impact on the teaching and learning of science.
- Increased accountability of schools to the School Management structures and other Stakeholders will positively impact on student learning outcomes.
- Improved learner-centered interventions will necessarily improve the quality of teaching and learning of science.
- Effective engagement of Government and involvement of Parents in the learning process has a positive impact on student learning outcomes.